2023 Schedule (classes will be at Rogers Park and Rocky Point from 4:30-6:30pm on Fridays):
- The PLAYers Club is a program offered by First Tee – Tampa Bay for high school students who meet the following criteria:
- High school students grades 9-12 (both Boys & Girls)
- Have on course golf experience
- Average double par or better for 18 holes
- The First Tee’s Eagle level curriculums are covered in Player’s Club program.
- Each member of the PLAYers club will be required to complete an application of participation (including the required essay questionnaire), and will be selected from the Executive Director and Directors of Programming of First Tee – Tampa Bay.
- The club will meet weekly during the school year starting after the high school golf season ends in October. Club meeting will be held mostly on Friday’s but could be altered slightly due to schedule of planned events for club members.
- All club members will be expected to demonstrate and adhere to The First Tee’s Nine Core Values™ along with a strong commitment to fully participate in all club scheduled events and offerings.
- Club members will be impacted greatly with life skills and areas of personal development that will forever be utilized and impactful in their lives.
- Club members will have great opportunities to work, along with being challenged in various areas in their personal development to play the game of golf and improving skills.
Purpose and Benefits of the PLAYers Club:
To provide High School students, who are members of golf teams, the opportunity to join First Tee – Tampa Bay and be a part of a program that will provide the following:
- To bring students from various high schools in the City of Tampa together to build friendships, exploring of life skills and golf skills, and provide opportunities that would be life impacting.
- To provide club members the opportunity to participate in scheduled field trips that highlights team building, college preparation, investigation of career possibilities, “Giving Back” to the community, and a host of other adventures that will be impactful in each club members life.
- To enjoy the game of golf for life by learning skills that will provide skills assessment, development of game plan, tracking of personal progress, and be challenged to become better players and competitors on the golf course.
- To provide testimonials from various professional in sports, business, and a host of other career fields to provide impactful and valuable information for personal life development.
- Club members will be able to work with the professional coaching staff of First Tee – Tampa Bay to enhance their skills to W.I.N!
- All participants receive free entry into First Tee – Tampa Bay Tournaments.
- Have opportunities to be (play) guest with Board Members and Special Friends of First Tee – Tampa at local private clubs/courses.