Welcome to First Tee - Tampa Bay's Group Golf Lessons!
We fully expect that your child will have lots of fun, meet new friends and eventually learn how to play golf on the course. Please take a few minutes prior to your child's first lesson to review these materials.
TFTTB Group Golf Lessons Class Reminders
1. Your child's primary goal for the Group Golf Lessons is to pass the "Team Certification"
Requirements to become eligible for First Tee - Tampa Bay Golf Team.
2. In case of inclement weather, text "FTupdates" to 84483
to subscribe to the mobile alerts to receive notification that class will be cancelled/postponed for the day. If a class needs to be cancelled for a non-weather related reason, a staff member will call or e-mail you. Classes cancelled due to inclement weather will be made up at the back end of the session if possible. Talk to the instructor about any possible makeup dates due to a cancelled class.
3. The class will meet once per week for seven weeks. Please have your child arrive at least ten minutes early so that the lesson can begin on time. We encourage parents to meet the instructor prior to the first lesson and ask any questions at this time. Adults are welcome to watch the lessons from 30 yards away so that they are not a disruption to the class. In most places, the class will meet at the clubhouse or putting green on the first day.
4. Please pick your child up on time immediately following his/her lesson.
5. Your child is welcome to use his/her own golf clubs during the lessons, but we will provide clubs for those who do not have them.
6. We ask that your child wear a hat, clean sneakers or comfortable shoes, a golf or collared shirt if possible, and dress shorts or pants during each lesson. Sandals, high heeled shoes and jeans are not allowed.
7. If you are going to be absent or late for a class, please let the instructor know ahead of time if possible. Continued unexcused absences may result in removal from the program and jeopardize enrollment eligibility in future TFTTB programs. If your child is unable to continue with or participate in a session that he or she is registered, please call TFTTB office immediately.
8. If you need to cancel your registration, program fees may be transferred to a future class if cancellation occurs before registration deadline.
9. When a child completes all of the necessary "Team Certification
" level requirements within a seven-week session, he or she will be invited to continue through The First Tee of Tampa Bay Golf Team program in their area. It is common for a child to need several seven-week sessions before he or she is able to pass all of the necessary requirements. Our instructors pass the children when they complete ALL of the necessary requirements during a seven-week session, but not before.
10. See First Tee - Tampa Bay's "Team Certification"
requirements by clicking on "Team Certification".
If you have any questions regarding this or any other TFTTB program, feel free to give us a call at 813-238-7320. We are confident that not only will your child’s golf game improve, but that he or she will also have lots of fun in the process. We’ll see you soon!